The best thing I did today was make the world a better place...and this is how
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Culturizing
I had my first meeting of my Chinese Culture class today. Like most other Chinese courses, there were a lot of international students from China in the class. During part of the course we were instructed to mingle and meet new people in the class and talk a little about ourselves. I turned behind me to an international student, a girl named Vanessa (Ye Wu in Chinese), and we engaged in conversation. She just got the US five months ago and talked about wanting to meet more Americans and get more American friends to help her diversify her experience in the states. I talked to her again in break and after class, offering my help with anything she needed. This is my first steps to offering my friendship to her as well as helping her get more involved on campus to help her meet a lot of people. She speaks good English, so I am sure in due time she will make many American friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment